Beauty Spotlight: Almond Oil
You’ve probably already heard that a handful of almonds makes for a hearty snack, right? After all, they’re a great source of vitamin E and way healthier than that bag of chips or candy bar (whoops!). As fantastic as almonds are, almond oil is even better.
Why, you ask? Because not only is it great for your internal health, but it is also great for your skin and hair.
Let’s take a step back and recall where almond oil comes from (if it isn’t that obvious already) and how we discovered it. Almonds are native to the Middle East and the Mediterranean shores, and then eventually found their way to South Asia. Over time, people discovered a way to extract the oils from these savored nuts. Since then, almond oil has been used medicinally on skin and hair for centuries. Only recently has it seen a revival, and we couldn’t be more thrilled to contribute to the revolution!
We love this all-natural oil so much that we made it a key ingredient in our Eye Rejuvenating Elixir. It has been dubbed a ‘miracle oil’ and rightfully so.
This wondrous oil enriched with vitamins A, E and B, and has a plethora of health benefits.
- Protects skin from oxidative stress and UV radiation damage
- Helps skin heal faster from common conditions such as psoriasis, eczema and other forms of dermatitis
- Heals stretch marks and scars
- Moisturizes dry scalp
- Reinvigorates dry hair
- Makes hair more glossy
- Gently de-tangles
- No more split ends! (use as a hair masque just twice a week and in less than a month, your hair will be revived – we tried it and can’t get over it!)
- Relieves pain when massaged on externally
- Regulates cholesterol
- Rich reserve of omega-6 fatty acids helps raise HDL, the “good cholesterol” and reduce LDL, the “bad cholesterol”
How to use our Eye Rejuvenating Elixir: Gently pat around and under your eyes every morning and night. The almond oil, rose water, and other all-natural ingredients will not only revitalize your eyes but minimize dark circles, reduce puffiness and even those pesky fine lines around the eye (no crows here!) This eye treatment also stimulates collagen production, and what better way to safely take part in some preventative care?!